When girls grow up and develop their own style and personality, it is a must to change their bedroom decor as they grow up. Most girls will have developed their own style and will have a good idea of how they would like their bedroom to be.
So if you are looking for bedroom ideas for teenage girls, we will show you how to start and don’t forget this will be a great project to do and get involved in together with your daughter.
Your daughter will no doubt have a favourite color, or have some idea of what color she would like to use in her room. When choosing colors, consider the size of the room and the light as dark colors in a small room which not much light will make the room look even smaller. You can still use a darker color in a small room when you combine it with lighter neutral colors.
When you choose colors, try to stick to the 60-30-10 rule to keep the room balanced and not too overwhelming with color. This is how the 60-30-10 rule works:
- 60% – dominant color in the room
- 30% – secondary color in the room
- 10% – accent color in the room
Off course when girls grow up, the themes they will like to see in their bedroom will too. Teenage girls themes will less likely be a character or hobby, but more often patterns, scenes or shapes.
Some popular teenage girls bedroom themes are:
- Glitz and Glamour
- Modern and Contemporary style
- Polka dots and Circles
- Stripes and Squares
- Victorian vintage chic
- Retro or Sixties
- Beach theme
- Animal prints
It’s all in the detail
To achieve a stylish look for a teenage girls bedroom you will have to pay attention to details. Take your time searching the web, novelty stores or your local stores for the right elements to complete a theme and accessories that fit the decor.
- Wallpaper is a great tool to create a feature wall with a pattern in the room. Whether it is for a modern chic room, or if you are searching of a particular pattern, the options and colors are endless and will make a real statement in any teenage girls bedroom.
- Large prints in the color scheme of the room work really well, especially on a plain wall. You can make a large print the focal point of the room. And if you can’t find a print that will suit, you can always make a large painting yourself to hang on the wall.
- Fairy lights will create an intimate atmosphere in the room, they are great to hang and decorate a bed head or mirror. Fairy lights will come in different variations like flowers, bulbs or stars to suit any type of teenage girls room.
- Storage is a necessity in any girls room, and you can never have enough of it. Try to find some creative ways to store everything a girl needs, for example in old shoe boxes or suitcases in funky colors.
- Mix and Match is a great way to integrate some of the existing decor with the new decor. Use throw pillows on the bed to make the bed set blend in.
As you can see, with a little bit of imagination and creativity you can create that perfect stylish bedroom for your teenage girl.
We hope that these bedroom ideas for teenage girls inspired you and your daughter to have fun decorating her room.